Rachio Referral Program Update

Hey guys!

As many of you have seen, we’ve been experimenting with a referral system for our VIP users in an effort to add more water-savers to the Rachio Team. As summer comes to a close, we are looking back at the program to see what worked (and what didn’t!) so we can decide how best to share the Rachio love.

It comes as no surprise to me that our community won this experiment, with more referrals than any other group!! As our most active participants, we’d love to get some feedback from you. What did you like about this program, and what did you dislike? If you didn’t refer anyone, is there a reason why not? Any and all feedback would be appreciated, just comment below!

Also - shameless plug - this program is still running until the end of September, so it’s not too late! If you haven’t requested a code for your Rachio-less friends yet, instructions can be found below:

• Click here to request a single-use code.
  • Fill out the form with your name and Rachio account email address.
  • Receive your personalized code via email within one business day.
  • Share the code with your friends, family and neighbors! (Codes must be used at rachio.com to receive discount.)
  • Repeat to request additional discount codes.

:cheers:
McKynzee

Click where?

Frankly I got tired of talking to people about it. I talked it up quite bit when I got it, but like other things, I just grow tired of talking to people about the cool things I do. I feel that I’m just wasting my time on deaf ears. I have friends who will say “oh that’s so cool, I’d like something like that” and then they never follow thru… I’m not going to baby sit them from start to end.

1 Like

I have already talked about Rachio so much that a couple of neighbors purchased. My municipality offers a rebate of up to $250 to encourage wise water usage, so it is essentially free.
The neighbor next door made a purchase, but recently told me that it’s still in the box.:scream:

1 Like

I talk about the Iro2 to friends, colleagues, small business owners, apartment HOA management representatives and municipal park employees. And I do energy reduction related speeches where I include the subject of doing more with less water, where I highlight the Iro2 to my audiences (i.e., next opportunity is Dallas FW Energy Reduction Tour of Homes coming up in a few weeks) .

I encourage purchase based on being an ‘automatic’ controller - attempting to perform as well or better than using soil sensors. I also talk the Iro2 being capable of wireless phone control.

IMO it’s these two ‘features’ that is where max Iro2 value is at the moment.

I don’t talk about Iro2’s other ‘automatic’ features (flex weekly, flex monthly, flex yearly, flex season, etc.) I think you guys were not ‘up front’ on why you made the decision to remove automatic (too much support cost) and then further aggravated customer interest when you said loss of automatic was not a problem because what you rolled out (flex weekly, flex monthly, flex yearly, flex season, etc.) was superior. Loss of automatic put you guys in the middle of a crowded competitive field - many others too have ‘every season we’ll adjust your watering, I.e. down for Fall (Sep. 1) even if the first day of the seasonal adjustment is in the middle of a record setting heat wave.’ I thought it was fortunate that you reversed course a few months later.

I also don’t talk about Iro2’s ‘just run it in a manual/scheduled manner’ mode. IMO the Iro2 doesn’t have differentiating from the marketplace capabilities here - sophisticated support for all of the water restriction rules everywhere, support for each zone delay of water pumping (via MV), terminals to hook up simple water and freeze sensors, etc.

Potential residential users enjoy hearing about the Iro2, but, if they’re not of an ‘early adopter’ thinking, it’s just too complicated (IMO) to convince to purchase.

The commercial guys really need more than 16 zones (s/w enhancement), and the ability to turn on more than one valve per zone (h/w enhancement). I’m increasingly concluding too that the commercial guys have got to have capability to direct connect a rain sensor (sometimes municipal required) and the ability to direct connect a freeze sensor (same) - reliance on weather feeds isn’t fool proof enough for the commercials guys. I also believe they won’t consider anything that’s not Ethernet connectable.

1 Like