Gen 3 8 station frequently goes offline

@Olliesshop I feel like we are on an episode of House. Are you sure your not a walking ISP? :wink:

Can you try putting your phone in airplane mode and attempting the same process of walking nearby? I’m interested to see if it causes the same behavior.

3 Likes

@timber A perfect reference. I’ve also suggested if he can “pin” the controller to one of his routers for a test. He has a “mesh” network of two ASUS routers which could add some complexity to the network.

:cheers:

1 Like

Woohoo! With your help, the problem is solved. I tried Timber’s suggestion and actually tried it without the phone entirely and it went online. I also turned off one of the routers to make sure it’s getting a signal from only source and it went online. So I was thinking maybe I’m acting as an antenna … that’s when it occurred to me that as I approached the controller I would also turn on the lights. Sure enough, I had moved the plug to a different outlet in the basement, to make it neater, and the plug only had power when the lights were on. So I’m going to rewire the outlet so it’s on all the time.

It goes to show the answer is often right front of you. Sorry for wasting your time on this, but I truly appreciate it.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Olliesshop

That’s great! I’m glad it all got figured out.

:cheers:

1 Like