Cloud Outage? or System Upgrade in Progress?

I’m trying to access my controller but I’m getting connection error on the iOS App and the page keep loading in Mac.

1 Like

Had the same problem using the web interface, but it was only temporary. Everything seems to be back up now.

1 Like

@fpuig - I just accessed every screen on my iOS app and my Gen 2 says it is online.

1 Like

Yes, mine shows Online too but had issues loading the data. Now it is a back up but slow and sometimes it does not load the data.

1 Like

@fpuig - agree it did seem slow to load the data on my app too. I didn’t know if it was a local internet congestion issue or not. No error messages and once it was fully loaded there was no delay switching between screens.

1 Like

Yep could be cloud issues or upgrade in progress.

1 Like

Sorry team Rachio. Amazon booted all the controllers off of its cloud broker and they all came screaming back in a big herd and our system needed a little time to stabilize itself. We are putting in more infrastructure to make sure this won’t happen again. Thanks for keeping us honest :wink:

:cheers:

1 Like

Thanks @franz everything is back up and running. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

The best part is that I was giving a presentation on our new cloud microservice based architecture when all this started to happen. Can’t make this stuff up.

:cheers:

2 Likes

What a bad timing, but that is the down side of cloud services. They are very reliable until they fail. The “simplicity / user convenience” come usually with a price :smile: Lucky these providers has redundant…

1 Like

@franz - sounds like Murphy is alive and well!

Reminds me of the early Ethernet days with CSMA/CD.

1 Like