Announcing Google Home and SmartThings Integration

Hello, I am not able to connect Rachio to my ST system. After entering user name and password I am stuck at “Synchronizing data…”. Any ideas?

I also tried to activate the Rachio channel for IFTTT and had the sme issue, so I’m thinking the issue lies within Rachio, not ST.

Any help appreciated - thank you!

Can you please reach out to support@rachio.com? This almost feels like a browser issue, but they will be able to resolve this for you. Thanks and have a great day!

:cheers:

@xcampax, sounds like you were not getting to step 3?

After reviewing your support ticket, it sounds like the root cause of the issue you experienced was that the Rachio you were trying to link was shared to you. We’ll clarify this scenario in our documentation to avoid any confusion from others attempting to do the same thing.

2 Likes

Correct. Using the credentials of the Rachio master account did the trick and I was able to connect with ST.

2 Likes

I’ve got Google Assistant on my phone (running Nougat). Any way to use Assistant to control Rachio without having to buy a Google Home device. I think having an external google device is redundant as I already carry my phone everywhere.

Mike

@runner1717

I believe that is their ultimate plan, but that functionality isn’t available yet. I don’t know what timeframe they are working on.

1 Like

Just wanted to say a quick “thank you” to the Rachio team for their efforts on smartthings and Google home integration. I was resetting some things this weekend and discovered that switch capability was quietly added to the zone DTH in smartthings, making it simple to ask for each zone to be turned on directly, without the “ask Rachio” bit.

Great job on both accounts, it was a lot of work I’m sure, but I bet I’m not the only one who appreciates it!

2 Likes

:sunny:

1 Like

I have 2 Rachio 8 Zone controllers (1 for Frontyard and 1 for backyard). SmartThings can only handle 1 at a time. When I add the second, it replaces the first. Am I missing something?

Rachio currently only allows the integration of one controller with your SmartThings or Google Assistant.

Any plans for adding support for multiple controllers in near future?

1 Like

It is in our backlog but to be transparent it’s not incredibly high priority. Do you have two controllers at your home or do you have them in two different locations? Just want to better understand the need!

1 Like

I have 2 controllers at my home - front yard and back yard.

I could have gone with a 16-zone model but the cost to get the wires extended from backyard to the front yard unit was more expensive than getting 2 - 8 Zone models.

While I understand this is not a high priority on your list as my case (more than 1 racho controllers) might not represent a significant enough number in your use cases, it will really help people like me who have multiple rachio controllers - whether they are on same location or in multiple locations.

2 Likes

Nice video! …but I guess I won’t be using Rachio voice commands because I hate doing dishes…

1 Like

Hello all,

I get another email today talking about Rachio Google Assistant integration again. This time is mentions Google Home and Google Assistant on Android devices, yet I still don’t see that integration on the phone side.

Is it available using Google Assistant on my android phone?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey @runner1717! Check out this post for accessing the integration on your Android device: Google Assistant for Android, Rachio voice control from your phone!

@vikrants Thanks for the extra details, this is helpful! I ask because we are trying to make the experience for users with a high number of zones (read: multiple controllers) at their property more seamless. While connecting multiple controllers to an integration may not be high priority, I could see the other initiative I mentioned actually resolving the problems you are running into. No dates on this obviously, but it is on our roadmap!

McKynzee

@mckynzee

That was easy. Pretty cool too! Not sure if it’s something I’ll use but it’s still cool!

Thanks!!!

Mike

1 Like

Hi. I’ve not been able to ‘link’ my Google Home to my Rachio controller. I get to the point where the link request comes up, however, it never completes successfully. This occurs whether I try to link via Google Home or via my Android phone, so I’m thinking it’s something with the Rachio. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Hey @Yepitsme!

Did you go through the steps in this support article? Do you mind providing a screenshot of where you get stuck? Thank you!

McKynzee

Hi, McKynzee. Thanks for the response.

I did follow the steps and I get all the way to the point of ‘Allow Access’ which I click on but it never returns back to me and never completes. Any ideas on what might be holding this up?

Thanks for your help…